Kapling is a simple freeware standalone physical modeling synthesizer application for Mac OS X built with Max/MSP. It is based on the Karplus-Strong algorithm. Kapling uses this method for the emulation of resonant bodies, like a string being plucked, or melodic percussion instrument being struck. Eight independent voices are triggered by a 32-step sequencer, with a variety of parameters set up to help you sculpt new timbres in realtime. Kapling also features a tempo-synced stereo delay and recording to disk.
In simpler terms, Kapling can help you make twangy, boingy, klonky tones.
• 8 independent synth voices
• 32-step sequencer
• realtime timbral controls
• randomized initial impulse to provide natural variation over time
• tempo-synced stereo delay
• store presets for pitch, sequences, and timbre, and export them to disk
• record output directly to disk as an aiff file
• cpu monitor helps keep track of the tax on your system
• each voice has a hotkeyed mute switch for ease of live use
• freeware! (but donations are welcome!!)